Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Books and Coffee. Two of my faves

Just taking a brief break from the Reformation articles to tell you about a way cool cafe Berkelouw Books I went and saw Con Campbell do his Jazz thing there this afternoon and I loved it. The atmosphere is tops. The building is a converted warehouse and the art and decore is really well selected for the building.

This place would make an excellent venue for a dialogue meeting!

I liked it so much that I went back a after dinner. Anna and I were with friends and we played a game where we had 5 minutes to find two books - one with the best cover and one which everyone should read. I selected at the tomb of the inflatable pig and as my book everyone should read I selected "Texas, Yesterday and Today, with the Constitution of the State of Texas". It has Texas at the start and the end leading me to think that "with the" was the central part of the books chiastic title.

2 comments:

  1. I was proud to be one of those friends with you there last night :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice! They're two of my favourites too! (in fact I think I mentioned to a friend the other day, that they're the two main outgoing expenses of mine!)...

    Looking forward to more posts mate!
    Mark

    ReplyDelete